Sunday, May 05, 2013

Carrot Fritters



I've been baking less sweets recently. I don't remember when I made a cake or cupcakes with a tall frosting for the last time. If I bake something sweet, it would probably contain honey instead of sugar and applesauce/bananas instead of butter. But to be honest, I can't describe how much I miss a fat, creamy and large cake. I guess it's time to check out the recipes and make one for myself. Ahh.. that's so dangerous. You see, I can't eat just one slice of cake. I can't eat just two. Sometimes even more. So it happens very often that my all day meals include cake, cupcakes and cookies. Sounds tempting, but not very healthy. And just because I can't survive without something sweet a day, I try to make things healthier. 

And now about these carrot fritters. This is a super simple recipe. You need no more than 5 or 10 minutes to mix it up and enjoy a healthy and delicious breakfast, supper or any time you wish. I have been making veggie pancakes very often recently and have written down lots of recipes. So make a batch of these and wait for the next!

Carrot Fritters

2small carrots, grated
2 garlic cloves, grated
1/2 onion, grated
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 heaping tbsp whole wheat flour
1 heaping tbsp all purpose flour
pinch chilli powder
3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
olive oil for frying
sour cream, to serve

1)  In a medium bowl, mix together the carrots, onion and garlic. Mix in the eggs.

2) Add in the flour, chilli powder and salt. Mix to combine.

3) Heat the oil in a skillet. Fry the pancakes until golden brown on both sides. Serve with sour cream.

Makes 4 pancakes.

Recipe by collecting memories



15 comments:

  1. It is an original way to give vegetables to kids, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a great dose of vitamins which kids will actually love!

      Delete
  2. I understand you sooo much!! Sometimes, when I bake something sweet, I serve on small pice, and when I can and it's cold, wrap the rest, for my boyfriend to drive his home. This way, his parents can eat too.

    I try to self-control, but sometimes is hard. ONce I made peanut butter cookies, and they were so good, that I only left 1 to my boyf!!
    And, yeah, even if you don't eat another thing, it's not healthy!!

    A year ago I prepared carrot fritters, and the weren'r work, I didnt't fry them because the batter hadn't good consistence, so we didn't eat them. I don't know if it was me, recipe, amounts, size of egg... It's time to give them new opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that you left only one cookie for your boyfriend :D Personally, I wouldn't have left any! It's so difficult to leave one..

      Sometimes when the consistency is not right for me, or the veggies are too juicy, I just add some additional flour and it usually helps. :)

      Delete
  3. I so have to try this! Looks delicious and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Let me know if you try this :)

      Delete
  4. There’s definately a lot to know about this issue. I like all points

    ReplyDelete
  5. This article is very informative and helpful. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Informative and helpful. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pay a quick visit this website, it includes valuable Info

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you a lot for providing individuals with such a memorable chance to read articles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My incredibly long internet look up has at the end been rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am satisfied that you just shared this useful information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad to search out so many useful information here in the post, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...