Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Snickerdoodle Blondies







This recipe was added to my huge "to bake" list long time ago and luckily yesterday I discovered it again. And I have no doubt - this is gonna be a keeper! Despite the fact that I don't even want to know how many calories these blondies contain according to the amounts of butter and sugar... Anyway! Dare I say that they're worth every calorie. And the best thing about them is that these beauties are  r e a l l y  chewy!! So, so chewy. And the smell coming out of the oven when they are baking conquers you completely. Well, I think I've said enough. 

P.S. I decided to create a page of my blog on Facebook. It's quite empty now but I really hope that in time it will become a very important part of this blog and a space to share and discuss the delicious food! So if you'd like to like me on Facebook, here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/collectingmemoriess.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
2-2/3 cups (333g) all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups (400g) brown sugar
1 cup (225g) butter, room temperature
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a 22,5x32,5cm baking pan.



2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.

3. Beat together the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time; beat in the vanilla. Keep beating the mixture until fully combined. Reduce the speed and fold in the flour mixture until just combined.

4. Spread the dough evenly into the pan. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over the top of the batter.

5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool completely before cutting.

Yield: 24 blondies



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the snicker doodle cake recipe, going to whip one up for tonight's dessert.
    Would you throw any icing on it do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm not sure about the icing because I haven't tried it myself. However, I wouldn't recommend it because the blondies are sweet themselves and they are not dry at all so I think no icing is needed because it would make them even sweeter. But of course it depends on the icing you'd like to use! And if you like it really sweet you may try and I'd like to hear about the results then, anyway, hope you enjoy them!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...